Business Operations Manager - Professional Service
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services team to work on customer engagements around the world, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Business Operations Manager with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills who is passionate about the operations of a business
Position will be located in Chicago, IL. Up to 20% travel expected.
- Opportunity pipeline management; work with sales and Professional Services teams involved in proposing, selling and forecasting new business. Coordinate monthly pipeline reviews to ensure efficient execution across the team to sell new projects.
- Resource management; help us maximize our available capacity to staff customer engagements. Work closely with practice managers, helping them assess staffing needs across all engagements, based on each project’s requirements. Maintain consultant skills matrix and related reporting.
- Project accounting; ensure complete and accurate project set up in project accounting system consistent with the contract statement of work for all projects. Drive timely entry of billable time and expenses across the team.
- Billing/Invoicing/Collections; Ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data feeds to track revenue and collections.
- Monthly metrics reporting; collaborate with practice managers and the sales operations teams to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by region. Refresh all management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
- Establish baseline metrics/reports to support the development of new practices.
- Business planning; annual and multi-year set up meeting cadence and working meetings to drive business planning for AWS Professional Services. Coordinate the preparation, agenda, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans.
- New hire on-boarding/training; track all new hires and ensure they have a great on-boarding experience. Maintain on-boarding documents and training plans to help all new hires become productive on customer assignments as soon as they’ve completed their onboarding.Basic Qualifications
Required qualifications include the following:
- 5+ year experience working in Professional Services Operations or Sales Operations.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software inclusive of the ability to input, extract, and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business reports that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with views that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, etc.).
- Experience in tracking and working with end customers on accounts receivable issues
- Experience working in a horizontal or matrixed business.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age