First Line of Defense Compliance Generalist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The role of Lead PSRM Generalist will provide operational and risk management support related to key Payment Service Risk Management (PSRM) and Payment Services initiatives, which may change over time, but is currently focused on Money Transmission Licenses and other regulatory matters. Key responsibilities for this role include a) identifying potential alternatives and solutions, b) internal and external reporting (including regulatory reporting), c) developing project plans, d) project management, and e) management updates. This is a collaborative role working cross-functionally across the company and consequently has high visibility within Discover.
- Effectively engages and collaborates with business line management as well as subject matter experts (i.e., Law, Corporate Risk Management, Finance, etc.) and external parties.
- Creates and manages high level and detailed project plans. Asses risks to plans and mitigate accordingly. Execute and track projects and manages initiatives to achieve overall goals and objectives.
- Evaluate the financial performance of Payment Services partners by conducting in-depth analysis, when needed.
- Monitors and implements requirements called for under various contractual agreements.
- Develops presentations to report and inform various constituencies on the status and issues associated with assigned projects.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Law
- 6+ years of experience as Financial Analyst, Credit Analyst, Accountant Law professional, or other
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience as Financial Analyst, Credit Analyst, Accountant Law professional, or other Risk Management professional
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Finance and Accounting
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.