Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Jacksonville, IL 62650
Maintains the hospital facilities in a clean, sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition.
- Previous experience in institutional and/or commercial housekeeping, preferred.
- Previous experience in waxing and stripping floors, preferred.
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Working Conditions-Physical Requirements & Atmosphere:
- Demonstrates ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical functions.
- Requires ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Physical demands include repetitive motions of the hands, walking, standing, and reaching above the head.
- Potential exposure to infectious diseases.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and body fluids.
- Occasionally will be exposed to heat and cold both inside and out as well as humidity, biological hazards.
- Frequently will be exposed to chemicals, dirt/soil, oil and grease, noise, odors, wet slippery floors, working alone.
- Daily cleaning of all patient use areas, restrooms and offices and some project cleaning.
- Scrubbing, mopping, polishing, and using chemical mixtures
- Professionally and courteously interact with the patients, general public, physicians, hospital personnel, and outside entities.
- Uphold Passavant Area Hospital’s behavioral standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers and management
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be flexible with work schedule, hours, and assignments
- Meet regular attendance and tardiness policies.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.