Principal Internal Communications & Events
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for driving employees’ understanding of our strategic business priorities through the management of our companywide communications channels. This role will also be responsible for developing, executing, and providing counsel on communications that support key business initiatives, and leading the strategic and tactical execution of events that drive and influence company engagement and culture.
- Serves as a primary counsel on internal communications efforts supporting key business initiatives that drive company growth. Determines/counsels on the content, timing, and delivery method for communications.
- Manages the strategic and tactical execution of the Pinnacle of Excellence recognition event- including relationship/vendor management and all pre- and post-communications efforts.
- Manages the company-wide, multi-channel editorial calendar – including strategic content development and the prioritization of daily content that influences thought across the organization.
- Manages Google Analytics to provide analysis on data/thought leadership to measure our strategy and identify areas of opportunity.
- Manages and coordinates the troubleshooting and enhancement of the DLife intranet platform to enhance the employee experience
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or English
- 8+ years of experience in Internal Communications, Corporate Communications, or Related Experience
- In lieu of education and experience, 12+ years of experience in Internal Communications, Corporate Communications, or Related Experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience with managing a corporate intranet and corporate events
- Experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams, and Yammer
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop experience or similar graphic design skills/experience
- Other Skills:Ability to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders
Strong oral communications skills
Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing skills
Ability to execute multiple tasks effectively on deadline
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.