Social Worker IHR, Delnor Hospital, Nights/PMs
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Geneva, IL 60134
Here are the possible shifts:
4- 10 pm here on site M- F, then 9:30p to 7a on call M-F.
On weekends, day shifts are 7-3:30pm, on call 3-10pm, on call 9:30p to 7a.
The Social Worker assumes responsibility for providing medical social work services to patients, families, and staff. In collaboration with the Case Manager, assists patients and families in adjusting to episodes of acute and chronic illness; in coping with lifestyle changes precipitated by illness or disability; in participating in restorative health programs; in assisting with discharge recommendations; and, in addressing issues of terminality.
- Basic PC knowledge
- Microsoft Word, Windows, E-Mail
- Demonstrates an awareness of ethical practices and adheres to a professional code of conduct
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must exhibit competence in communication skills, psychosocial assessment, knowledge of community resources, and laws / regulations which impact upon health care services
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision and be able to multitask
- Must possess good listening skills, be customer service and satisfaction driven, and have strong teamwork skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Walking 50 75% of the time
- Must be willing to respond to on-call pages within 45 minutes of call
- Must have a Masters Degree in Social Work or related field
- Must be an LSW / LCSW or MSW / CSW
CERTIFICATIONS: CPR preferred
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0061488
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.