Audio Video Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
Open: October 17, 2019
Close: November 17, 2019
Fermilab is America s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
As an Audio Video Associate in Fermilab s Core Computing Division, you will join a diverse multidisciplinary team that understands that our differences are an asset. Under general supervision, the successful candidate will assist in the deployment of new video conferencing systems; monitor, provide technical support, and assist in the analysis of all elements of existing video conference rooms; recommend and implement improvements/upgrades of existing systems, and assist in the evaluation and testing of new video conferencing technology,
- Assist in the response to user requests for audio and video conferencing support activities. Work on several routine components of a project as directed.
- Assist in installing, configuring, networking, maintaining and upgrading operating systems on workstations and servers, including Zoom room systems (MacOSX), Solstice Discovery Server (Windows), and Polycom Gatekeepers (Linux), in support of scientific and business processing requirements.
- Identify potential issues, recommend solutions, and implement fixes.
- Support areas include: network analysis, functional analysis, and systems administration.
- Communicate and coordinate with other technical personnel working closely on a project. May also interact with those from non-computing disciplines.
- Abide by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
We Are Looking For:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline. Bachelor s degree preferable
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in Audio Visual technologies
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Must communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Must work cooperatively with a diverse group of professional and scientific teams.
- Possess general/basic knowledge of video conferencing functions required.
- Ability to read, write, and execute signal designs required.
- Proficient in using Mac and Windows platforms required.
- Experience with software-based video conferencing and wireless content solutions such as Zoom and Mersive Solstice a plus.
- Experience with audio equipment and designs preferred.
- Digital signal processing knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to think quickly under pressure.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Standing, Tight Work Schedule, Visually Demanding
Diverse People, Diverse Jobs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets
Employer’s Job# 873
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.