OR Scrub Tech Certified
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
The OR SCRUB TECH CERTIFIED reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assist surgical team during procedures that require the ability to stand for periods greater than 6 hours.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and the ability to take corrective action for themselves and other team members when there is a break in technique.
- Demonstrate fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination necessary to handle small intricate surgical instruments, supplies and specimens.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide complete, accurate communication to all members of the surgical team.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field throughout the surgical procedure.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team. This includes draping of the surgical site, and efficient and safe handling of all sharps and instruments.
- Maintains accurate count of all supplies, suture and sponge items on the sterile field.
- Orients new staff to the ORST role.
- Stocks room with supplies and equipment
- Must have the ability to provide on-call coverage for specialty or general surgical procedures and respond to be on duty within 30 minutes or less.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technologists
- Current CST certification
BLS through American Heart Association
- At least 2 years of OR experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0061524
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.