GESD Security Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Susa, IL 60434
The primary functions of the Securitas Security Officer include prevention of fires, misappropriation and malicious destruction of property, permitting entrance of only authorized persons and vehicles, protection of confidential information, conducting investigations, assisting in the enforcement of shop rules and regulations, maintaining order, observing and reporting irregular conditions and unsafe practices, issuing hot work permits, and responding to emergency situations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a reliable means of communication (phone)
- Must have reliable means of transportation (public or private)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speak, read, write)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to perform routine physical functions such as, but not limited to, standing and working at various fixed pedestrian and vehicular posts, walking facility patrols, or driving patrol vehicles or in more demanding situations such as apprehending persons misappropriating company and employee property or escorting unruly employees.
- Must physically and mentally be capable of participating in incipient stage fire brigade emergency activities, which would include quickly responding to emergency fire situations and fighting fires with portable fire extinguishers and one and a half inch hose lines.
- Provide basic First Aid and CPR in medical emergency situations and conveying injured personnel via stretchers to the local facility medical department, or vehicle, as necessary. Performing Confined Space rescue, including the self-contained breathing apparatus, removing persons from confined spaces, etc.
- Perform Hazardous Materials First Responder-Awareness Level Duties
- Required to have a valid driver’s license for state of operation and any required endorsements for class of vehicle operated. Driving record must meet company and/or insurance standards.
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions with many employment opportunities across the country. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core values are integrity, vigilance and compliance. Therefore, we are looking for individuals to join our organization who share the same values.
Employer’s Job# 13907408385-Oct-2019-Susa-IL
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.