Jr. Project Controls Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
Open: October 17, 2019
Close: November 1, 2019
Fermilab is America s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
Fermilab s Magnet Systems Department seeks a Jr. Project Controls Associate. Under the supervision of the Accelerator Support Group Head, the selected candidate will support the department s design, fabrication, and repair of magnets for the Fermilab accelerator complex and other national laboratories through scheduling, cost estimating, reporting, and communicating.
- Under the supervision of the group leader assemble proposals (cost estimates, schedules, statements of work) for potential small to medium magnet design and construction projects based on input gathered from engineers, physicists, fabrication specialists, technician supervisors, financial managers, and others
- Prepare periodic financial and progress reports of individual projects
- Coordinate communication with the managers of projects for which we are designing, fabricating and repairing magnets, including scheduling meetings with Magnet Systems staff and maintaining relevant records
- Maintain records of active magnet projects and ongoing activity
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Abide by and be responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position
We Are Looking For:
- High School diploma with 5+ years general experience; AAS or higher degree with less experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel, including lookups, pivot tables, graphing)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in cost estimating a big plus
- Experience scheduling with MS Project or equivalent a plus
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques a plus
- Experience in web site creation and maintenance a plus
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Standing, Visually Demanding
Diverse People, Diverse Jobs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets
Employer’s Job# 876
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.