Call Center Customer Care Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sycamore, IL 60178
First Midwest, with assets over $16 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area’s largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Second level Customer Care Representative. Responsible for providing a high degree of courtesy, respect, professionalism and quality service while handling a variety of customer inquiries and/or issues.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Degree
- Prior customer service experience in a contact center
- Excellent communication skills with prior banking experience in Retail Deposit and Loan Operations preferred
- Position requires the need to work varied hours/days including occasional overtime as business dictates. May need to travel to other branch locations
PERFORM CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Ensure that all client phone inquiries are answered with a high degree of courtesy, respect, professionalism, and accuracy between the Bank and its’ clients.
- Consistently sell the Bank by providing the highest quality of service in order to retain and recruit new clients.
- Follow up on client complaints and ensure client satisfaction.
- Accept and follow up on any issues with retail installment loans, IRA’s, Cd’s.
- Accept and process the following: stop payments, funds transfers, disputes for atm/debit cards, research for deposit account issues as needed.
- Handle all questions concerning safe deposit box payments and bills as needed..
- Participate in monthly team meetings.
- Be proactive in recognizing issues to be escalated in order to improve process and procedure.
- Develop effective telephone skills and satisfactorily handle all telephone inquiries with a focus on discovering needs and selling products to satisfy those needs.
- Provide superior banking services to customers in a professional manner.
- Provide consumer loan information to customers including all consumer installment loans, home equity loans and lines of credit.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of individual loan criteria.
- Acquire and maintain in depth knowledge of IRA’s and CD’s.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of retail services and products.
- Cross-sell all services to both new and existing customers.
- Make referrals to Mortgage Corporation and Trust, Retail Banking, First Midwest Direct and Financial Network as appropriate.
- Adhere to bank policy and procedures.
- Be aware of any suspicious transactions or activity and report any such activity immediately.
- Develop an awareness of current economic and market conditions.
- Have overall understanding of Call Center in relationship to FMB.
- Participate in department Quality Team to set standards for performance and to ensure that those standards are met. The Quality Team will focus on ways to improve team performance in sales and services.
- Meet/exceed sales and service goals set by Department including referral program.
COMPLIANCE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and ensure that the compliance functions relative to Customer Service are implemented in accordance with FMB policies and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here and Supplement here.