Product Technical Support - Entry Level or Recent
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Itasca, IL 60191
Start date: Opening for an immediate hire as well as openings starting January 2020 (will receive offer now with a start date in January)
Title: Technical Marketing Associate – Entry Level (Entry Level or Recent Graduate)
Compensation: $58,760 + $16,000 target discretionary bonus. Full relocation assistance to Itasca, IL if needed
About our Client:
Our client is a global leader in industrial automation with the ability to add value to customers in all aspects of manufacturing, research and design. They never settle and aim to change the status quo for society and for the world, one product at a time.
With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. Their strict promote from within policy puts pressure on the organization to continue developing new managers so they can expand their business and provide lucrative careers for their employees. They hire talented individuals who push themselves and their organization to get to the next level.
The Technical Marketing Team members are the product experts for their respective divisions. They are responsible for developing the skill level of the division’s sales force, creating resources for internal and external marketing needs, as well as providing knowledgeable support to both sales and customers.
In this role, you will: orchestrate product-related trainings for the purpose of maximizing sales, provide product support and application assistance, and create marketing / sales resources to support the divisional direction.
Candidates should possess strong technical skills, communication skills, including public speaking, and demonstrate excellent prioritization and attention to details.
Principal duties and tasks
- Provide product and application support for customers and salespeople
- Plan, design, develop, and deliver trainings to both new hires and existing employees on products, applications, and competitors
- Develop, update, and disseminate technical guides and tips in order to increase the knowledge and skill level of the sales force
- Develop, proofread, and modify new product release materials such as product literature, technical and sales manuals, training manuals, etc.
- Research and analyze trends of both existing and emerging customer industries, successful product applications, and competitive information in order to maximize the ability of our salespeople to place our products into the market
- Travel to internal regional conferences, sales offices, and/or tradeshows for training and marketing activities
- Support division management in the development and implementation of new strategies
- Proactively identify areas to improve department operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements
- Four year college degree; engineering, engineering technology or similar technical field
- Interest and aptitude to master our highly technical products
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong public speaking skill
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- Ability to organize and prioritize a diverse set of projects, tasks, and activities for timely completion
- Ability to come up with creative training, support, and marketing ideas
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Integrity – job requires appropriate handling of confidential, sensitive information
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.