Senior Development Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
JCFS Chicago provides vital, individualized, results-driven, therapeutic and supportive services for thousands of children, adults and families of all backgrounds each year, facing challenges with life transitions, mental health, developmental/intellectual disability and basic human need.
JCFS Chicago is seeking a Development Officer to identify and execute effective strategies designed to steward the donor relationship. This includes identifying and securing new donors and actively nurturing existing donors into an engaged, loyal relationship with the Agency. This position is located in West Rogers Park, Chicago.
Are you someone who:
- Is passionate about fundraising and development?
- Maintains a service focus and conveys commitment to Agency’s mission in all interactions?
- Enjoys communicating with wide variety of constituents including consumers, funders, volunteers, staff at all levels and other community stakeholders?
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively with a diverse range of stakeholders in varying mediums?
- Prioritizes, plans, and manages work activities and competing demands in a strategic and thoughtful manner?
- Is an energetic self-starter who enjoys both collaborative and independent work?
- Listens with empathy and compassion?
- Is flexible and able to shift gears quickly based on competing priorities?
What will you do?
- Completes donor visits, cultivation visits, and solicitations from a portfolio of 80-100 active, inactive, and/or new donors.
- Conducts prospect research to identify future solicitations and strategies.
- Executes and monitors strategic interactions with donors and prospective donors.
- Champions JCFS programs and services and educates donors on how contributions impact the community.
- Develops formal and informal networking opportunities within the community.
- Stewards existing donors’ relationship, engagement with, and loyalty to the Agency through careful and responsible management of the donor relationship.
- Cultivates long-term relationships with donors.
- Supports Agency development and prospect cultivation strategies and goals.
- Develops strong relationships with senior-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Represents the Agency to the Board members, consumers, volunteers, other stakeholders and outside organizations.
- Drafts and send correspondence, e.g. solicitation letters, thank you letters, in a variety of mediums (email, typed, handwritten) to donors, lay leaders, and volunteers.
- Participates in team meetings to build a knowledge base for writing foundation proposals, running reports, creating meeting prep sheets, e-mails and follow-up needed for funders.
- Collaborates within Development department and with other Agency resources to present a unified approach to donor development.
- Updates and maintains donor and prospective donor information in the Development database
What have you done?
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program. Master’s degree preferred.
- Gained five or more years of direct experience in soliciting cash donations during in-person meetings.
- Worked with non-profit/higher education fundraising and development for two or more years. Experience with the Chicago Jewish community preferred.
- Developed a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and fundraising databases. Raiser’s Edge experience is preferred.
What are you able to do?
- Travel within the Chicago metropolitan area and work some evenings/weekends based on donor needs and scheduled events.
What does JCFS offer?
JCFS offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays (Jewish and/or Legal), Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Care.
Want more information?
Follow us on Facebook! JCFS Chicago
Follow us on Twitter! JCFS Chicago
Jewish Child and Family Services (JCFS) is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA. Charter member of CWLA. Licensed by DCFS.
JCFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application.
JCFS/JVS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.