Financial Crime Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Crowe is looking for a Consultant to join our Financial Services Financial Crime team with the following background:
- Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements, particularly as these requirements apply to retail banking organizations.
- An individual who has prior demonstrated experience executing AML Independent Testing projects (e.g., model validation, independent audits, etc.) and delivering AML consulting services at complex large and mid-sized financial institutions.
- Crowe Financial Crime professionals take pride in providing leading-edge best practices with the goal of assisting our clients in the administration of a sound AML risk management environment.
- Team members should also be able to handle other duties assigned by employer.
- Projects are fast-paced and facilitated in a team atmosphere.
YOUR JOURNEY AT CROWE STARTS HERE:
At Crowe LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions, along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work”. We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Statistics/Mathematics, Economics, Finance or a related discipline.
- 1 year minimum experience in AML/BSA at retail banking, commercial banking, and/or global diversified financial services organizations.
- Experience developing, auditing, and monitoring compliance of BSA/AML requirements at financial services organizations.
- Highly effective communication with all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Willingness to travel 75% or more annually.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS), or other relevant professional certification.
- 2+ years of experience performing BSA/AML audit or consulting experience.
- AML/BSA knowledge in a broad range of financial services activities, products, and services.
- Experience working with and/or auditing commercially available AML solutions that support transaction monitoring, risk rating, and list screening (e.g. sanctions) functions.
- Business writing skills including development of written reports to senior management and the ability to present findings, supporting analysis, and conclusions.
- Oral presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of an organization, including presentation of report results/findings, supporting analysis, and conclusions.
- Experience working in a project environment with top 50 banks.
- Experience working in a professional services or project-based environment.
Build a Successful Future in Consulting!
At Crowe, Consulting professionals provide thought leadership, process expertise, and technology insight in order to help clients identify, assess, evaluate, and reduce risks. Our Consulting professionals serve large organizations across many industries in an environment where innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged. Through various programs, we provide you with learning and reinvention through high-impact formal and systemic training, including industry, solution, technology, and consulting training, as well as certification. You will be part of a strong global team environment with a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative setting.
At Crowe, we strongly endorse an open door policy. Our partners are approachable and accessible across the entire organization. Our team-based culture encourages partners to be in touch with our professionals and active on client projects. The partners of our company lead by example and maintain a strong two-way channel of communication with their teams. We strive to create an environment that is relaxed, fun, dynamic and fulfilling. Our team-based culture has not only resulted in successful projects, but in long lasting friendships as well. Overall, our people find their career choices to be highly rewarding and fulfilling.
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country’s best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it’s like to work at one of the “50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates.” Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune’s “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” and among Fortune’s “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services”. In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients’ biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they’re most productive – whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere – and wear jeans while they’re in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities – such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes – for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm’s 75th year, Crowe personnel not only achieved, but surpassed their goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering. We’re proud to announce that we volunteered 82,000 hours – giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s the equivalent of 39 full-time employees at the nonprofits we served! In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.