Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Job Title Mechanic*
Location Elmhurst, IL* *Position is based out of Elmhurst, IL
Department Fleet Maintenance
FLSA Status Exempt
Shifts hiring Full-time
Under the direction of the Lead Mechanic, the Mechanic is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all Superior Ambulance vehicles. The mechanic will be working in a fast-paced, high volume private fleet. This mixed fleet includes various makes and models of vehicles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Conducting routine maintenance work to improve vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Completing necessary documentation associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and repair times.
- Performing other related maintenance work.
- Communicating needed repairs or tasks to manager.
- Maintain a safe work station.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work on gas and diesel engines as needed.
- Must know and understand basic electrical components including switches, relays, and circuits.
- Must provide own tools.
- Must be proficient in vehicle diagnosis and repair.
- Emergency lighting and siren experience is welcome.
- Certificates of accomplishments are deemed valuable.
- Motivated, self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Work cooperatively with other employees.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions in the English language.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry items up to 75 lbs and reach overhead.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly in verbal contact with others. Will be working indoors and outdoors and exposed to environmental elements, automotive fluids and cleaning chemicals.
Superior Ambulance Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D