Quality Specialist (100% travel)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
Henkels & McCoy is an industry-leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure construction and maintenance services for the power, oil & gas pipeline, gas distribution, and communication markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, Henkels & McCoy adapts over 95 years of experience to the dynamic and evolving infrastructure needs of today. Henkels & McCoy has been recognized with an E. I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award and is a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc., is currently seeking a Quality Control (QC) Specialist in our Central Region office in Aurora, IL.
The Quality Control Specialist will ensure the quality of work performed on assigned projects meets the contract specifications and/or typical industry standards and ensure documentation of the quality control. The QC Specialist will also track material quantities and document them accurately.
Major Job Elements:
- Check construction activities on assigned projects to ensure compliance with the plans and
- Completes, maintains and submits all required construction checklists.
- Inform the Project Manager and QC Manager of any work that is in noncompliance.
- Ensures that all testing required by the specification is performed.
- Ensures that tests are performed at the frequency stated in the specifications.
- Obtain required certifications as required in timely manner.
- Maintains a file and reports results of testing to the Project Manager and QC Manager.
- Informs the Project Manager and QC Manager of deficiencies so that corrections can be made and retesting performed prior to any substandard work with additional material.
- Perform any special projects as requested.
- Track and reports construction material quantities.
- Additional quality related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two year formal education in Project Management, Construction Technology, Quality or Engineering.
- Additional quality construction experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be willing to travel, up to 100%.
- Must have computer skills in MS Office software, primarily with Excel and Word, and CAD.
- Utility experience a plus.
- Familiar with ISO 9001:2015 and Quality Management System.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.