Field Operations Intern - Summer 2020 - Nationwide
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Libertyville, IL 60048
Medline has an exciting new opportunity for a Field Operations Intern – Summer 2020. This would be a maximum 12-week paid internship based out of one of our Distribution Centers.
With 50 years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 20,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies uniquely positioned to provide products, education, and support across the continuum of care. Our ability to bring best practices from one care setting to another – from large healthcare systems and independent physician practices to home health patients and their families, is what sets us apart.
As a Field Operations Intern, you will get to experience the following:
- Assist in the administration and oversight of the daily operation of the warehouse including receiving, picking, and inventory control.
- Work with Leads to ensure information reported into Pro-Track is accurate and consistent with procedures and policies as developed by production and engineering.
- For Receiving: oversee receipt of over 500 lines per day across multiple warehouse locations and multiple shifts. Ensure all receiving personal follow standard Medline operating procedures and policies.
- For Picking: oversee picking from warehouse of about 25,000 SKUs. Ensure all receiving personal follow standard Medline operating procedures and policies.
- For Inventory Control: Ensure all receiving personal follow standard Medline operating procedures and policies.
- Maintain and enforce 6S. Enforce and train employees on company policy, procedures, modifying and continuous improvement of warehouse standard operating procedures and policies.
- You will also assist the supervisor in maintaining a safe work environment for all team members. Under direction, you will lead day-to-day activities of employees such as assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, directs efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues.
Medline has over 40 Distribution Centers throughout the United States. Location for the position will be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
Intern assignments could be located at the following locations:
- Rialto, CA
- Tracy, CA
- Auburndale, FL
- Libertyville, IL
- Jeffersonville, IN
- Perryville, MD
- Mansfield, MA
- Middletown, NY
- Wilmer, TX
- Memphis, TN
Check out a Career in Medline Operations!
- Junior standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- At least one year of experience in respective area is preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and follow-up skills required
- Excellent presentation skills for large and small groups
- Biased towards action and results oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Successful track record in whatever you do
Relevant Work Experience
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Lift up to 70 lbs; stand for prolonged periods of time and climb stairs as needed.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO