Infrastructure Service Delivery Analyst - VMware
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for handling 24×7 operations infrastructure support services of all non-production and production Linux and Windows-based VMWare infrastructure; handling the use of analytics to improve service, availability, and customer interactions; handling incident resolution, performing root cause analysis; closely interacting with the distributed computer engineering team; identifying and implementing automation for efficiency of server administration.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of Information Technology OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 years Information
- Technology experience OR 6 years Information Technology experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 framework including Change, Incident, and Problem management.
- Knowledge of ITSM systems
- Knowledge of Infrastructure technologies, including storage and network support.
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience as VMWare and Red Hat Administrator in a large enterprise.
- Experienced with planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vCenter Server and VMware ESXi.
- Proficient in Level-1/Level-2 troubleshooting; monitor vSphere implementations, and troubleshoot alerts. Assists Help Desk and L-3 resources with root cause analysis and tracks assigned actions within team to closure
- Understand operational reliability requirements and Perform regular systems maintenance, including host, VM, and application updates. Track and remediate issues in a timely manner.
- Competent in configuring and managing virtual networks, configuring and managing virtual storage, and virtual machine management.
- Design and implement creative solutions that improve system processes through automation and documentation
- Hands-on experience with DR planning and testing
- Customer service oriented and a solid team player.
- Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change and operational efficiencies.
- Drive conflict management in high-pressure situations
- Performance / metrics-driven decision making
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent career experience
- Oral/written communication skills
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.