Sr Business Architect - Product Catalog
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for developing a view of business capabilities (organization, process, tools, and technologies) required to deliver against the business requirements; creating future state enterprise business capability models and value chain models.
Additional Job Purpose:
- This position will be an integral member of a team responsible for building the enterprise blueprint and business architecture for HCSC to align with marketing strategy and IT execution including:
- Develop and maintain a holistic portfolio view of business architecture by facilitating large scale workshops to develop various models – Term Model, Business Capability Model, Business Process Models, Value Stream Models, Future State Models and Business Scenarios, etc.
- Provide support to senior Business and IT stakeholders for visioning, strategy and planning of large enterprise initiatives
- Drive engagement with key business and IT stakeholders throughout the course of the business architecture process.
- Drive alignment with business stakeholders on future state business architecture solutions and outcomes, and ensure business units are engaged in business architecture development and support the approach and use of business architecture models
- Ensure business artifacts are developed on budget, on time and complete for the agreed upon scope of the project.
- Ability to independently facilitate discussions with groups of diverse stakeholders and manage the flow of conversation while driving to meet discussion objectives.
- Ability to independently manage conflict among diverse cross portfolio stakeholders related to competing interests and requirements. Able to help stakeholders objectively examine real needs versus wants and ways to collaborate to achieve win/win resolutions.
- Able to lead and mentor other Business Architects and Business Analysts in their day to day work and professional development.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Knowledge of product-specific application architecture.
- Application domain knowledge.
- Business acumen.
- Business process management & modeling.
- Excellent oral & written communications including presentation experience.
- Requirements definition & management.
- Ability to execute a business architecture effort.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Ability to influence and drive alignment and decision making with senior business and IT stakeholders.
- Knowledge of business architecture frameworks and constructs including modeling languages such as BPMN.
- Ability to deconstruct and frame business needs and solutions in the context of complex operational and organizational landscapes.
- Foundational understanding of the health payer value chain and core business capabilities.
- Foundational understanding of the strategic business change lifecycle and the software development lifecycle.
- Deeply analytical approach to problem solving supported by the use of tools and frameworks.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- Ability to effectively engage senior stakeholders in cross domain negotiations around business solution options and resolution of conflicts related to business intent, scope, cost/benefit, etc.
- Business Architect certification from Business Architecture Guild, preferred.
POSITION BASED IN CHICAGO HQ
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.