5655 VEHICLE MECHANIC'S HELPER (Burr Ridge)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
VEHICLE MECHANIC’S HELPER
Essential Job Functions
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION: Service and repair of all fleet vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform preventive maintenance (lube, oil change, emissions,replace belts, hoses, inspect brakes, repack bearings, check tires, ____________on all size vehicles. Must perform ____________ per month.
- Diagnose and effectively repair mechanical, engine and electrical irregularities/malfunctions on all size vehicles.
- Drive automatic and standard shift vehicles for testing, transfer, and pick-up/delivery of parts.
- Perform inventory and order parts, supplies, as needed.
PERFORMANCE OF THE ABOVE FUNCTIONS REQUIRES:
- Ability to read and understand technical service manuals, repair orders, labels, and gauges (in English).
- Ability to write work orders, purchase orders.
- Ability to communicate verbally (in English) using telephone for ordering parts and supplies.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and ability to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles from 2,000 to 50,000 lbs. in size.
- Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in horizontal position for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift device (vehicle jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
- Ability to lift and hold parts (weighing up to 100 lbs.) in position while lying on back in horizontal position on concrete floor.
- Work is performed in a semi-enclosed structure and outdoors. Environment involves chemical handling, gasoline/diesel fumes and intermittent high noise exposure.
Below is a list of required information that you will need to complete the application process.
1. Education History- Highest grade completed in each school category (Grade, High, College, Grad School)
2. Employment/Work Experience- All employment history for the past 10 years including address and phone number.
3. Three Personal References (no relatives) including address and phone number.
4. List all driving licenses or permits held.
5. Please list physical address. No PO Boxes acceptable.
Please fill out carefully and completely. Answer every question.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability