Talent Development Consultant (2 positions)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Grayslake, IL 60030
Posting Detail Information Posting Number
Talent Development Consultant (2 positions)
Talent Development Services
College of Lake County has two openings for Talent Development Consultants . These positions are under the supervision of the Talent Development Services Manager and are responsible for sales development and execution of corporate talent development solutions for CLC client companies, non-profits, and public sector organizations in Lake County. These off-the-shelf and customized talent development solutions include, but are not limited to development of leadership, computer applications, IT, language (e.g., foreign languages, English as a Second Language), and industrial/technical skills and competencies. Collaboration will be required with WPDI staff, other College departments, and facilitators to coordinate, design, and deliver talent development solutions such as training, coaching, and consulting.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked .#15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience in business-to-business sales: prospecting, business development, and account/relationship management.
3. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, including public speaking).
4. Ability to handle the responsibilities and duties of multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
5. Strong abilities in organization, time management, project management, and creative solution development.
6. Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
7. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
8. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience identifying talent development gaps and needs in organizations, selecting and proposing solutions that include training, consulting, coaching, or other educational services, and converting the proposal to sales.
2. Experience with multi-level sales projects in nationally-based corporations.
3. Experience designing and delivering instructor-led, online, and hybrid talent development solutions.
4. Experience using Salesforce.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Be prepared to participate in a mock sales meeting with a prospective client, the first such meeting with this prospect. You will role-play the position of a WPDI Talent Development Consultant prospecting for business and identifying sales opportunities with existing WPDI staff who will play roles of the staff and management from the prospective client company.
These positions will remain open until filled.
Total Hours per week
40 hours per week.
Monday – Friday
40 hours per week
Software Testing Required
Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V