Geotechnical Senior Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Job LocationsUS-IL-Buffalo Grove
Geotechnical Senior Project Manager
What You’ll Do
As a Geotechnical Senior Project Manager, you have strong leadership skills as well as a great eye for detail. You are heavily skilled both out in the field and working with clients. Leading your team by example is second nature to you – through excellent assessments, studies, and reports. You have a passion for all things geotechnical – geotechnical explorations, performing geophysical surveys, classifying soils, and preparing geotechnical reports. You are extremely hard working and strive to ensure that your team delivers the best quality. You get the “big” picture and want to contribute accordingly – and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click .
You will be part of a dynamic, growing, and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you proficient in:
- Leading and mentoring a team of geotechnical engineers and project managers
- Overseeing geotechnical and field services projects
- Preparing and reviewing reports and proposals
- Supervising drill rigs, performing geophysical surveys, classifying soils, and assigning lab testing
- Marketing and business development
- Maintaining and developing a client database
- Want to experience what all this job really entails? Click
What We’re Looking For
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university; MS in Geotechnical Engineering preferred. Other similar engineering degrees considered if program is ABET accredited
- 8+ years of related Geotechnical/Construction Testing project experience in the Chicagoland area
- Previous supervisory experience of 1+ engineer(s)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain one within three months
Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental, and facilities engineering. ECS is currently ranked 72 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, 2019) and is honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic’s Design Firm of the Year (2018). To learn more about us, click .
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click to see how we show our passion for our people.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
ECS is an Equal Opportunity [EO] employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other protected category. E-verify and federal drug-free work place compliant.