Experienced Staff Accountant- Business Operations-
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
We are looking for a detail-focused Staff Accountant to join the Business Operations practice in our Champaign office. As a member of CLA’s BizOps practice, you will be an integral part of the CLA client service team and will work directly with our clients to provide customized accounting services to support them as they manage and grow their business or organization.
In this role, you will work independently at client locations supported and supervised by a CLA Controller. You will be responsible for a variety of accounting, financial and operational services for our clients, including processing transactions, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and supporting our clients’ existing accounting functions.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to grow your career as you contribute to the success of clients’ businesses or organizations. This is a full-time, long-term career opportunity serving multiple CLA clients on a permanent, part-time basis; it is not an outsourced temporary position.
- Complete non-complex account reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare non-complex financial statements and required work papers to support the financial statements.
- Process transactions which may include: accounts payable/cash disbursements processing, accounts receivable/cash receipts processing and payroll processing/coordination.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific engagements/clients (i.e. nonprofit, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
- Ability to identify client issues concerning GAAP (FASB/SFAS) related to our clients’ specific industries.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required or applicable job experience
- Aptitude developing working knowledge of accounting software and systems. QuickBooks experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with applicable software (including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Ability to travel to client sites.
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication that is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and value the different contributions people make.
- Proven success in managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.