Regulatory Affairs Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Barrington , IL 60010
Client Position Title: Regulatory Affairs (US Nutrition)
Position Number: 327250
Location: Barrington, IL 60010
Desired Skill Set:
Labeling, Regulatory Affairs, SAP
Position Description:C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Title: Regulatory Affairs (US Nutrition)
Start Date: 11/07/2019
End Date: 10/30/2020
Location: Barrington, IL, 60010
• Work within a team of 10 in the regulatory compliance department.
• Will cross function with R&D.
• This Regulatory Affairs contractor position supports Regulatory Affairs initiatives. The person in this position will interact with various Regulatory Category Leads to complete assigned projects.
• The primary focus of this position is to support in the development of the nutrition and ingredient label declarations that are required per US FDA regulations; also helps to ensure the accuracy of the regulatory information in our databases and on final art work.
• The position will involve work on multiple Nutrition Regulatory initiatives to provide support on nutrition labeling, claims and regulatory questions as well as packaging timelines.
• The position will require a good understanding and application of US Food and Drug Administration labeling regulations to assure the accuracy of ingredient statements, nutrition facts, allergen declarations and claims.
• They must be able to monitor, interpret and ensure compliance with US regulations today and into the future.
Daily responsibilities will include:
• Assist with ingredient reviews (2000 for NAN, may increase depending on no. of vendors per ingredient), nutrition reviews and required regulatory tasks in the FSS-PV system.
• Conduct impact assessment due to ingredient/formula updates including Nutrition Labeling updates, Prep ingredient approvals (review for accuracy and hand off to category lead for final approval)
• BS Degree in Science, Regulatory, Nutrition, or equivalent as minimum; MS/MBA preferred
• Corporate or government regulatory experience in food labeling or solid background in nutrition related field; excellent computer skills
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Minimum of 2 years food or related industry experience; or 5-7 years compliance, QA/QC role
• Product Vision, Genesis, Schawk Blue, SAP, Microsoft Office experience preferred. Must be quick to learn new systems.
• Detail oriented; adaptability; ability to work independently desired
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)