Business Banking Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland Park, IL 60035
This individual will have specific training/experience related to Business Banking products and services. Individuals in this role are expected to manage existing business client relationships; providing friendly, professional services to Bank clients by conducting appropriate transactions and relevant trouble shooting. Supports Business Bankers to develop new and existing client relationships by educating prospects and clients about the features and benefits of the Bank’s business and consumer products; understands the respective needs of clients and prospects.
In addition, this individual will support the Business Banking Team with functions in order to process and complete items related to credit function and maintaining loan files.
Lastly, this individual serves as a proactive member of the Retail branch team by being additional support for walk in branch traffic.
1. Client Development
• Proactively deepens customer relationships by meeting their needs through additional products and services. Actively refers clients to other areas for additional needs.
• Successfully onboards all new clients by cross-selling entire suite of products such as Online and Mobile Banking, etc.
• On a regular basis, follow up with clients and seek out new opportunities based on client’s needs including recommending product solutions (including cross sales)
2. Client Service and Maintenance
• Open new personal and business accounts
• Perform maintenance on accounts including, but not limited to, name and address changes, account renewals, signer and beneficiary updates, etc.
• Counsel clients on their financial needs making recommendations where necessary and appropriate
• Resolve client issues in a tactful and professional manner
• Assist with clients Business Loan Application process and closing
• Review overdrafts and assist management in sound decisions
• Assist in any other client services that may arise including support for other Bank departments as required
3. Banking Product Knowledge
• Have full knowledge of all consumer and business banking product features and benefits included but not limited to demand deposits, savings, certificates of deposits, IRAs, Online and Mobile Banking, Home Equity Lines of Credit, certain Treasury Management products
• Understand the titling and structuring of various types of accounts
• Having a basic knowledge of other products the Bank offers and how to effectively work with other departments to deliver those products to clients
• Responsible for increasing knowledge for various product type to client base
• Adhere to compliance policies/procedures and internal controls
• Assist with any compliance monitoring necessary
• Support the Bank’s efforts to ensure successful CRA results by participating in any Bank sponsored CRA activities when available
• Address CIP due diligence exceptions related to account opening within 30 days
5. Perform additional duties such as
• Attend monthly meetings
• Order and arrange supplies
• Support Retail Department in any capacity necessary
• Other duties as assigned