Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
GTI, the nation’s leading research, development, deployment (RD&D), and training organization serving energy markets, has an opportunity for an experienced engineer in our Building Energy Efficiency area, within the Energy Delivery & Utilization research sector. The qualified candidate will receive assignments as a project manager and will manage, maintain, and lead efforts focused on bringing new technologies to the natural gas/energy industry.
- This position is responsible for performing, and leading applied research, consistently managing projects by developing sound project plans, maintaining schedules and budgets, and producing quality deliverables.
- The work covers a wide range of technical research including but not limited to all aspects of R&D engineering from initial studies and concept development, through design, instrumentation, testing and analysis, and technology deployment.
- This position is also responsible for proposal writing, being a liaison between researchers and sponsors, and engaging in technical report writing.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong fundamental knowledge in areas such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, energy conversion, combustion, and psychometrics
- Knowledgeable of building energy systems (HVAC, hot water, power, building envelope) and related codes & standards will be beneficial
- Independently conceive, plan and conduct research with an ability to provide timely, professional results with little or no supervision
- Ability to assess feasibility and soundness of experimental approaches, techniques, or equipment
- Ability to develop and design technology solutions from conceptual to prototype stage, including experimental and field evaluations,
- Work with current and prospective clients to understand their needs, and identify new technical and/or business areas of activity,
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to technology/product development and research teams,
- Capable of managing multiple projects effectively and efficiently with ability to meet project milestones and keep internal/external project teams on track,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing technical proposals, reports, and presentations, and
- Potential for travel for industry events, customer site visits, or pilot implementations