Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Gas Technology Institute (GTI), the nation’s leading research, development, deployment (RD&D), and training organization serving energy markets, has an opportunity for an experienced engineer in our Building Energy Efficiency area, within the Energy Delivery & Utilization research group. The qualified candidate will receive assignments as a project and/or program manager and will manage, maintain, and lead efforts focused on bringing new technologies to the natural gas/energy industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for programmatic management in the emerging energy technology space focused on end use space conditioning, water heating, and distributed generation in residential, commercial, and industrial markets.
- The work covers a wide range of technical and applied research including managing projects as well as new business development around emerging technologies and market transformation.
- This position is also responsible for proposal writing, being a liaison between researchers and sponsors, and engaging in communicating technical research in written and spoken form.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong fundamental knowledge in building energy efficiency, renewable energy systems, distributed energy resources, and associated industry R&D needs including programmatic support for utilities and government agencies.
- Knowledgeable of building energy systems (HVAC, hot water, power, building envelope) and related codes & standards will be beneficial.
- Ability to lead large-scale, multi-year RD&D initiatives supporting the introduction of new technologies in the energy marketplace.
- Independently conceive, plan and conduct research with an ability to provide timely, professional results with little or no supervision.
- Ability to identify promising emerging technology opportunities, assess technical and market feasibilities, and support product development and strategic planning for market introductions.
- Work with current and prospective clients to understand their needs, and identify new technical and/or business areas of activity,
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to technology/product development and research teams.
- Capable of managing multiple projects effectively and efficiently with ability to meet project milestones and keep internal/external project teams on track.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing technical proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Potential for travel for industry events, customer site visits, or pilot implementations.