Executive Producer for Media - Coordinated Science
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
Executive Producer for Media
National Center for Professional & Research Ethics
Coordinated Science Laboratory
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The National Center for Professional & Research Ethics within the Coordinated Science Laboratory in The Grainger College of Engineering seeks applicants for an Executive Producer of Media. This creative and articulate person must be adept at managing multiple complex project streams and have a wide-range of experience in developing, producing, and implementing multimedia educational materials for professionals. This position will partner with the National Center for Professional & Research Ethics (NCPRE), external clients, fellow institutions, and campus units to create and distribute instructional and promotional media projects for modules. Audiences include HHMI Investigators and members of their labs including graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and research scientists. The HHMI Investigator Program supports nearly 300 Investigators, located at more than 60 research institutions across the United States, who are widely known for their scientific discoveries, their innovation, and their success in pushing the bounds of knowledge in biomedical research. With a rich history of more than 65 years of innovation, CSL has developed and deployed new technologies that have achieved international scientific recognition and transformed society. Led by a faculty of world-renowned experts and researchers. This position is located within The National Center for Professional & Research Ethics (NCPRE). NCPRE creates and shares resources to support the development of better ethics and leadership practices. NCPRE focuses on leadership in a variety of institutional settings, from academia to business.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, direct (or oversee direction of), assemble, and edit module elements, while exhibiting an in-depth understanding of the content/curriculum.
- Create and oversee production budget and schedules.
- Steer the strategic implementation of all media for Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) project.
- Use knowledge of the curriculum to develop the vision and the strategic storyline structure for HHMI project media.
- Use knowledge of the curriculum to provide oversight and contributions to scripts.
- Recruit and assemble diverse freelance teams including scriptwriters, production staff, actors, lighting, videography, editors, graphic designers, web designers, motion effects, and social media engagement.
- Identify and target specifically designated audiences as directed by HHMI funding agreement.
- Oversee scientific accuracy of media content.
- Assure the product accurately reflects lab environments through research and iterative development through research team and HHMI review.
- Establish and meet HHMI’ s overarching production standards at the highest professional quality levels.
- Assume additional appropriate related duties to further the mission of the laboratory.
Education: Required: Bachelors’ of Arts specializing in Video Production, Digital Media, Educational Technology or related field.
- Three years of media project direction, development work, and technical experience with media projects.
- Demonstrated advanced project management experience in media projects sufficient to support role as functional executive producer or creative director for large multi-media project grounded in interdisciplinary subjects.
- Five years of professional experience in online learning or a related field.
- Experience with production standards consistent with those distributed by HHMI.
- Experience working in a complex university setting or business organization.
- Knowledge of NCPRE’ s materials and strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to craft story lines and collaborate with technical teams to produce high-quality media supporting narrative and content from subject matter experts.
- Flexibility, a tolerance for constructive criticism, and a solution-oriented approach.
- Strong commitment to diversity and proven ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and external consultants and partners.
- Ability to work in a highly interactive team environment.
- Self-motivated professional; able to work independently, exercise good judgement, produce crisp, high class work, and prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Demonstrated skill in media authoring software, such as the Adobe Creative Suite or Final Cut Pro, and related tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media development and production to support complex story arcs and subject matters, trends in instructional design, student learning, and assessment.
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge in producing and editing video, maintaining media databases and archives, media distribution, and other digital media applications.
The Executive Producer for Media is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by November 17, 2019. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Amy Gilbert at 217-244-1802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Education and Student Services
Executive Producer for Media – Coordinated Science Laboratory (118767)
Coordinated Science Lab
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois
welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).