Food Processing Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Summary: The Engineer leads projects in process and facility improvement, maintenance, construction and automation to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance quality at the location. They will also consult with other locations on projects.
• Work in conjunction with Product Development and Engineering to support process development and scale up for new products and processes for all unit operations.
• Identify and implement process improvements, measurement tools, or sensors leading to cost savings, quality improvements and improved line performance
• Manage the maintenance, capital improvement projects, and facility management for a manufacturing complex or facility.
• Troubleshoot difficult issues in product development and/or manufacturing regarding food/machine interfaces.
• Identify and recommend advanced technology solutions and maintenance procedures.
• Use systems, methods and budgets to plan and manage maintenance, repairs and capital improvement priorities.
• Work as a cross facility team member with other teams, locations and corporate. Travel will be up to 40%.
Education and Experience
• B.S. degree either in Chemical Engineering or Food/Agricultural/Biological Engineering
• Technical certification (i.e., CMRP, PMP, RETA, other licensure (electrical, boiler), etc.) helpful but not necessary
• Food processing applications are hot fill for the red sauces and retort for the white. Experience in those processes would be optimal, but not necessarily required
• Five to ten years’ experience in food processing including manufacturing process, equipment and materials; budget development and capital project leadership; experience in a highly automated factory environment a plus
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience and/or training preferred in building construction and design and utility distribution a plus