eCommerce Solution Architect
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
Job Location(s)US-MI-Ann Arbor | US-WI-Milwaukee | US-PA-Allentown | US-MI-Ann Arbor | US-VA-Ashburn | US-GA-Atlanta | US-GA-Atlanta | US-MA-Boston | US-NC-Charlotte | US-IL-Chicago | US-OH-Cincinnati | …
eCommerce Solution Architect
.# of Openings
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an eCommerce Solution Architect for our Digital Commerce practice. This position can be in our offices located in Milwaukee, WI, Ann Arbor, MI, Allentown, PA, Toronto, CA,or Remote.
The eCommerce Solution Architect is responsible for designing complex technical solutions and providing technical expertise across multiple projects to meet client B2C and B2B eCommerce requirements. This individual must have proven experience creating scalable, maintainable, and well-documented e-commerce solutions. As an active team member, a successful Solutions Architect will create complex site architectures to support multiple integration points, oversee the implementation of the design, attend client discovery meetings, estimate new projects, explain highly technical concepts to clients and non-technical teammates, and help resolve technical issues as needed.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients’ business needs.
You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients’ business needs. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentor-ship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
In this role you will mentor other delivery team members. Your focus will be on solutions within the Magento platform, but you will be required to work on other eCommerce platforms like Insite and IBM commerce from time to time.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs of client’s websites to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Work with clients and internal teams to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Assist sales teams in project estimation and questions that arise during the pre-sales process.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- At least 8 years of experience with various eCommerce platforms is required and at least 10 years of total industry experience.
- 3+ Years of Magento (specifically, Magento 2) experience preferred for this role
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Experience with Git version control is desirable.
- Experience with the agile delivery process.
- Understands browser specific compatibility and performance issues.
- Familiarity with relational database design and complex databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient’s professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Applicants should ensure that their e-mail settings will receive e-mail from the iCIMS system otherwise, you could miss critical communications related to your application.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.