Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
SUMMARY: The Deductions Specialist will be responsible for the management of various customer claims that include trade and non-trade deductions within a given portfolio. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent customer care skills to internal and external customers. Under the supervision of the Deductions Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with Sales, Logistics, Customer Service, Accounting and Cash Application to ensure tracking and resolving deductions end-to-end
• Maintain relationship with customers in obtaining appropriate information to process deductions
• Work closely with Cash Applications to ensure deductions are properly coded
• Negotiates payment on undisputed past due accounts to resolve customer deduction discrepancies.
• Collects invalid deductions receivables.
• Provide reconciliations of deduction status against targets
• Communicates status of account problems on a regular basis.
• Responds to customer and broker inquiries and problems.
• Interfaces with Mizkan personnel to resolve credit problems and discrepancies
• Support Credit/Collection team in account reconciliations and data analysis
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures for every transaction performed
• Participate in cross-functional efforts to implement continuous improvement projects
• Seek support of the Credit/Collections team in the process of applying customer chargeback to the appropriate invoices
• Prepares monthly client analysis reports.
• Assists with month end closing activities.
• Assists with related special projects as required
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate’s Degree preferred in accounting or related field.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience is required. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
• Computer proficiency is required (Word, Excel, and computerized accounting system – SAP FI module is a plus).
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions with excellent follow-up skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Acute attention to detail
• Adept at prioritizing to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees environment
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Food processing or consumer packaged goods industry experience is required.
• Experience with retail accounts is preferred.