Automation Engineer - Data Analysis/Simulation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Automation Engineer – Data Analysis/Simulation
.# of Openings
Leads the design of usually small, less-complex material handling systems, including analysis of customer operations, developing, designing, and engineering, project management, and integration of multiple technologies.
- Designs usually small, less-complex end-to-end material handling systems that integrate multiple technologies such as sortation conveyors, automated storage and retrieval systems, robotics, voice and light picking systems, and supporting structures
- Details, designs, and engineers scalable, space-optimized storage systems, including rack systems, shelving, and pick modules, that maximize customer efficiency and incorporate factors such as forklift use and building codes; incorporates alternative technologies as appropriate
- Performs data collection and analysis to define design criteria
- Works with Industrial Engineering, Design Analysis, Sales, and customers to define system requirements and specifications
- Develops 3D simulation and emulation models to validate system design, equipment controls, and system software
- Works with vendors to develop complex turnkey subsystems such as unit sorters and automated storage and retrieval systems
- Uses economics analysis tools to determine return on investment for selected concepts
- Develops proposal documents, selected solution reports, bid specifications, descriptions of operations, and other plan documents
- Travels up to 40%
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics/Statistics, Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Preferable 3 years or more of material handling industry experience
- Knowledge of material handling, including controls and software and material handling equipment technology
- Knowledge of process improvement processes and mathematical modeling of systems
- Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and, after training.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required to support customer and project requirements
- Knowledge of databases and query languages.
- Knowledge of statistical models and distributions.