Big Data SR Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
chicago, IL 60601
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to design meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we would love to hear from you.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today?s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Digital Business has become a proven leader in the industry. Cognizant love big ideas and even bigger ambitions. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
We help clients engage customers by envisioning and building innovative products and services. However, we do not stop there. We develop go-to-market strategies and invent entirely new business models, ensuring that every company we work with walks away with both inspiration and a plan.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion?for our clients, our communities, and our organization. We look for in our people the defining attribute.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Must have qualifications ?
- Bachelor Degree and 5-7 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7-year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Extensive hands on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions in cluster.
- Experience with strong UNIX shell scripting, SQOOP, eclipse, H Catalog, Pig scripts, Hive QL, UDF ? design & development
- Hands-on experience with and Scala ? design & development
- Experience in Kafka
- Good knowledge in Best Practices, Troubleshooting and Performance tuning. Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in production.
- Experience with change management / DevOps tools (GitHub / Jenkins etc.)
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, unit testing and integration testing.
- Familiarity to SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- Nice-to-have qualifications
- Working experience with developing Map Reduce programs running on the cluster using Java/Python.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases like HBASE, Mongo or Cassandra
- Experience using Talend with technologies.
- Working experience in the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
- Business requirements management and Systems change / configuration management. Familiarity with JIRA.
- Experience in ZENA (or any other scheduling tool)
- Healthcare experience