Part Time Teller I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61602
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as ambassadors for the Company. Responsible for developing, expanding and retaining customer relationships. Responsible for providing a high quality of customer service in a friendly, professional manner. Responsible for accepting and processing customer transactions in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Greets customers and establishes a quality service environment by displaying a friendly and courteous attitude and using the customer’s name at least once during the conversation.
- Services customers by accepting and processing transactions with accuracy within policy guidelines i.e. deposits, withdrawals, payments, check cashing, issuing negotiable, etc.
- Explains transaction policies and procedures to customers. Solicits assistance from supervisor as needed. Obtain supervisory approval for transactions outside authorized limit. Notifies management of suspicious and questionable transactions.
- Refers large withdraws and account closures to management and/or sales staff for retention purposes.
- Actively seeks out and maintains basic product knowledge of all banking products. This knowledge may be obtained through training courses, branch meetings, corporate communications, etc.
- Safeguard assigned cash and balances cash drawer as outlined in teller balancing procedures.
- Places hold on funds when appropriate and advises customer of funds availability.
- Maintains dual control and adheres to all security policies and procedures as all times.
- Performs daily branch operational balancing procedures, including but not limited to the balancing of individual teller drawer.
- TM balancing and servicing or Vault Teller responsibilities, if needed.
- If applicable, allows entry of safe deposit box holders.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct within the guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Identifies sales opportunities and makes referrals to appropriate sales staff.
- Reviews referrals goals on a frequent basis and formulates strategy for attainment of goals. Implements and revises individual sales strategy as needed to reach goals.
- Proactively cross-sells other bank products and refer customers to appropriate departments when necessary.
- Meet sales goals provided by management. Reviews sales/referral goals on a frequent basis and formulates strategy for attainment of goals. Implements and revises individual sales strategy as needed to reach goals.
- Encourages the use of alternate delivery systems such as ATM, Debit Card, Telephone and Online Banking.
- Participates in all sales meetings.
- May be required to work in other First Mid banking centers.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of six months cash management experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous customer service experience of at least six months preferred.
This Job Description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Equal Opportunity Employer