Clinical Pharmacist, Full Time, Rotating Shifts, H
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland Park, IL 60035
Clinical Pharmacist, Full Time, Rotating Shifts, Highland Park Hospital (69914)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Clinical Pharmacist for our Inpatient Pharmacy located at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a full time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the Day, PM and Night Shift with rotation into weekends. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for dispensing medication in response to a physician’s order, providing clinical pharmacy services including drug information, preparing doses and checking work done by a technician prior to dispensing
- Prepare, compound and dispense medication consistent with department policy, and rules and regulations promulgated by the Board of Pharmacy, Department of Public Health, and JCAHO
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current Illinois Registered Pharmacist
- BS or PharmD (preferred) degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experience preferred
- At least one year experience as a registered pharmacist; or previous hospital experience (excluding externships as a pharmacy student). Limited time away from institutional practice
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.