Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
The Strategy & Corporate Development department is a high performing team, primarily responsible for working with the senior leadership for setting the corporation’s strategic direction. The scope of work includes high impact strategy, acquisition and divestiture-related initiatives. The Director, Strategy will lead a range of high-profile, cross-organizational efforts that support the development and implementation of Fortune Brands Home & Security overall strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the Strategy & Corporate Development team and Division Leaders to lead a range of strategic initiatives. Initiatives span a variety of areas, including FBHS corporate strategy, individual division-specific growth strategy, advanced planning processes, strategic planning, portfolio strategy, business restructuring, and post-merger integration.
- Partner with VP, Strategy, SVP Global Growth & Development, Division Presidents and CFO in strategic planning efforts, preparation for strategy review meetings with FBHS CEO and CFO, and other division-specific growth strategy planning and execution activities.
- Provide guidance to the business teams on certain strategic initiatives and take the lead in others. Scope, plan, and structure the work, and gain alignment with the division leaders on timeline and implications.
- Manage acquisition-focused business development pipeline. Partner with division leaders and Strategy & Corporate Development to identify and evaluate potential acquisition opportunities.
- Lead team efforts to monitor industry trends, channel evolution, and key competitors’ strategies and tactics; identify and evaluate issues that could potentially impact company’s competitive position, and financial performance. Build commercially viable strategies to grow new or existing profit pools.
- Lead special projects as assigned which may include M&A scenario analysis, manufacturing strategy, capital budgeting, etc.
- Prepare and present, for approval and funding, development initiative proposals to senior management and the board of directors.
- Provide oversight and direction of staff within the Strategy department including coaching, mentoring and developing staff and providing career development planning and opportunities
- 5 – 7 years of experience in corporate strategy and/or management consulting. Experience in management consulting is required. Experience in developing strategic initiatives in branded consumer products a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or other relevant degree. MBA or advance degree required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong team leadership capabilities and communications skills; an ability to work with and influence a variety of different positions within an organization.
- Highly developed people leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial acumen, broad business skill set and strong strategic thinking capabilities.
- A self-starter who can manage major activities front-to-back.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under deadline pressures; set priorities; multitask and respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Ability to structure a problem and lead complicated quantitative analysis.
- Strong financial acumen, business judgement and strong strategic thinking capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written skills as well as the ability to effectively present financial data to senior management and business partners.
- Robust analytical, quantative and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with a deadline driven focus.
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, critical and independent thinking skills, and a motivation to learn.
- Highly articulate and has the ability to communicate effectively with various levels in an organization including senior leaders.
- High degree of Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
FBHS is an equal opportunity employer. FBHS evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
FBHS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-484-4587 and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.