Engineer I - Chicago, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
We are seeking an Engineer I to join our team in Chicago, IL. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in automation and controls.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a Technical Degree with 2 to 4 years of experience.
- Entry level up to typically three years experience in an Industrial Controls Engineering environment.
- Life science experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Rockwell or Siemens control platform is preferred
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge in process controls including understanding the process, ability to identify the parameters and understand and identify the process variables and hazards.
- Capable of understanding P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms.
- Capable of implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with a basic understanding of the programming language.
- Knowledgeable of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment.
- Basic understanding of analog advanced control and batch control.
- Demonstrates experience in industrial environment with loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support.
- Demonstrates knowledge in control panels through ability to read electrical drawings and understand panel functionality.
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
- Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
- Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources.
- Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
- Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at MAVERICK.
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met.
Awards and Recognition:
Check out some of our Awards below, and then visit our website at to learn more about MAVERICK Technologies. We look forward to your application and always welcome referrals!
- International Society of Automation’s Premier Strategic Partner for Systems Integration
- received ISA’s Excellence in Leadership Award and Honorary Membership (2012)
- Proud to be in Control Engineering’s System Integrator Hall of Fame
- Control Engineering’s 2011 System Integrator of the Year (2011, 2015)
- named an ISA Fellow.
- 2008 Frost & Sullivan North American System Integrator Company of the Year
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft Business Solutions
- Diamond Level Service Partner for Yokogawa Corporation of America
- One of the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies – named six times.
- named Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year (2002)
MAVERICK Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disability/Veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at .
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the for more information.
MAVERICK Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.