Corporate Meeting Planner (67976)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Position: Event / Meeting Planner
Location: City of Chicago
Starts: Targeting November 4th (Interviewing Now)
Duration: 2.5 months (through mid-January) 37.5 hours/week
Status: Freelance, Onsite
Rate: Up to $22.50/hr, Depends on Experience
Our large financial corporation client is seeking a Event / Meeting Planner to join the Conferences & Events team.
This is an onsite freelance role in downtown Chicago to cover a maternity leave.
The Event / Meeting Planner will be responsible for:
- Using Cvent to set up registration/invites, correspond via emails, and pull reports on attendees
- Planning, coordinating and executing meetings and conferences ranging in size from 15 to 300+ people
- Researching and recommending venues/activities
- Negotiating contracts with hotel reps and other vendors
- Developing and managing budgets
- Coordinating and supervising logistical details
- Ensuring compliance with Insurance and Financial Services and IRS regulations and Enterprise Corporate Travel Policy
The ideal Event / Meeting Planner will have 1-5 years of experience in conference/meeting/event planning and knowledge of Cvent (or similar event planner experience).
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org