Operations Leadership Development Program - Emerging Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60007
Job Title: Operations Leadership Development Program – Emerging Leader
Job Title of Immediate Supervisor: Plant Manager or designee during each rotation
Business Unit / Sector: Transcontinental Packaging – All Sectors and Business Units
The Operations Leadership Development Program – Emerging Leader supports the converting production departments in helping to lead and direct engineering and continuous improvement projects involving production teams and employees in all manufacturing plant departments; may plan and assign work, ensure quality production and maximum efficiencies, enforce policy and procedures, recommend and implement improvements in production methods, participate in team activities.
This position is a rotational role, receiving on-the-job training while working in multiple manufacturing plant locations.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Utilize engineering education and background
- Facilitate daily goal setting to achieve safety, quality, and productivity metrics and goals in all areas; report on shift results.
- Ensure effective and positive employee relations.
- Provide coaching and counseling to production operators and crew members.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment and have excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Possess basic mechanical abilities with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Audits quality, safety, food safety, and environmental housekeeping procedures.
- Work overtime as needed, which may require extended shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- 4 year college degree in engineering discipline required
- Previous experience in manufacturing organization, preferred
Professional designation, technical certification or professional cards
- Knowledge of, and experience with, printing and converting industry and equipment; preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of critical thinking, logic, patience, reasoning, empathy, continuous learning and development
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; advanced skills preferred
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Respect and Teamwork – Relates well to people throughout the organization, builds appropriate rapport, and builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Deals with issues directly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions.
- Leading Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretch objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Innovation & Problem Solving – Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Performance – sets goals and works to achieve them; understand the metrics of success; motivates and encourages self and others to achieve greatness.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively build and lead teams
Sector: TC Transcontinental Packaging
Job Status: Regular
Full Part/Time Indicator: Full-time
Job Function: Manufacturing
EOE U.S. Legal Note
TC Transcontinental is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zs33y3z62kkbp7nq