Editorial Assistant- Product Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Come join our expanding Editorial Department! We are looking for intelligent, hardworking, and engaged individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in educational publishing. As an Editorial Assistant, you will gain an understanding of the editorial process and master various functions while supporting acquisition editors and market development managers in their product and market development activities. Your work will contribute to the writing, editing, and publication of our educational print and digital textbooks and other learning materials.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct manuscript reviews, which includes identifying qualified instructors, gathering and sending review materials to the reviewers, managing deadlines for multiple reviewers for multiple projects, and helping the acquisition editors assemble and analyze the reviewer feedback.
• Provide general administrative support: processing invoices, providing overall product and customer database maintenance, providing budget tracking information, and processing contract requests
• Gather and analyze internal and external sales data to be used by editorial team in strategic decision-making
• Maintain competitive grids by market for key titles/features/assets. Focuses on key information such as competitive cycles and quantitative summaries of competitive product content and assets.
• Build and maintain top target lists for key titles.
• Assist in the design, execution, and analysis of market research.
• Create correlation guides.
• Perform basic copyediting and proofreading of manuscripts
• Assist with photo research
• Assist as needed with other editorial tasks such as managing reprints, performing quality assurance for software products, and preparing manuscript copy and art for production.