Liquid Barge Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Joliet, IL 60432
I. BASIC FUNCTION
Carry out the operations of cleaning liquid tank barges while maintaining a safe and productive atmosphere.
1. Performing all aspects of liquid barge cleaning work including prepare/check equipment, enter and exit barges, use cleaning equipment.
2. Utilize hand tools such as pressure washers, mechanical spinners, or brushes to effectively clean the tank barges.
3. Maintain a clean and safe working environment that complies with environmental guidelines and policies.
4. Stay compliant with all regulatory bodies as it applies to the work that is being completed and with all safety rules and policies.
5. Utilize proper PPE while cleaning tank barges.
6. Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
7. Carry out the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct, and mission of Canal Barge Company, Inc.
8. This position may involve travel to multiple locations.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
The Liquid Barge Technician reports to the Tank Barge Operations Manager.
IV. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· Possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Adequate hands-on experience in liquid barges cleaning preferred.
· Ability to properly gauge tanks, with working knowledge of pumps and compressors.
· Demonstrate the ability to employ all safety practices and manage risk.
· Have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).