Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
The Squire is a role that is played during live-action performances in front of a crowd. The Squire contributes to the overall show quality by consistently maintaining a standard of excellence in assisting the Knights in various capacities during the show.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists the Knights by handing out and picking up weapons, cleaning up debris and horse manure, and assisting with bringing horses in and out of the arena during the show
• Assists in maintaining, repairing, and painting weapons and props
• Assists with maintaining the appearance of the arena
• Displays an aptitude and ability to handle horses
• Assists with getting the horses ready and dressed to perform in the show
• Assists with care and feeding of the horses in the stables
• Assist with special functions, shows, groups and/or individual guests as required
• Supports marketing functions and other offsite events as needed
• Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical abilities exam
• Physical agility, ability to perform all physical requirements of the show
• Ability to work with and around horses
• Physical ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods on uneven surfaces and in the sand
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to communicate with Team Members and Guests
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to work within a team environment