Analyst - Academy Program - Managed Services (Converged Infr
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
January 2020 Estimated Start Date
A position within the Sirius Academy program is a sought-after full-time benefited role from which to launch a career in IT services with us. It provides career growth and robust professional development, including: recognized industry certifications; dedicated classroom and e-learning training; on-the-job immersion; and real client project experience.
• This exciting opportunity offers proven success with Academy graduates working in multiple areas of IT, including security, networking, virtualization, data center solutions, project management, digital solutions, data & analytics, and managed services.
• Experience our state-of-the art data center facility with more than 40 different vendors and 150+ types of technology.
• Attain valuable certifications in the latest technologies, giving you a competitive career advantage.
• Gain meaningful insight into different areas of the business through rotational training.
• Sharpen your professional presence with clients through online and classroom learning.
• As an Analyst in the Academy, you will split your time between our office in Skokie, IL and the Sirius Data Center in Elk Grove Village, IL.
After completion of a 6 month training program in the Chicago area starting in January 2020, you will have the option to relocate to Omaha, NE or Raleigh, NC to assume a Services Delivery role focused on converged infrastructure in Sirius’ Managed Services practice. Relocation assistance is available.
Once with the Managed Services team, you will work with Sirius’ clients to install, maintain, and troubleshoot various server virtualization and cloud related elements (such as Windows, VMware, Nutanix, Citrix, etc.) in a skilled and professional manner. Work will include mitigating, anticipating, identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software problems on Converged Infrastructure servers. You will also perform routine maintenance activities, such as scheduled server reboots and installing patches.
Once you have joined the Managed Services team after training, a regular work schedule (M-F 8am to 5pm) can be expected and you may also carry on-call duties for nights and/or weekend work. Minimal travel can be expected.
The primary purpose of this position is to participate in the Sirius Academy program, which prepares employees to begin careers in IT Consulting with Sirius. Employees will receive exposure to various business units and work on several teams, experience online and classroom learning, and develop soft skills to make them more impactful in front of clients. Additionally, employees will participate in shadowing and mentoring opportunities and hands-on technology training, all designed to help develop the necessary skills for an ultimate role as a member of our services organization.
After the initial 6-month training period, the primary purpose of this position is to, under the direction of more senior technical staff, manage and maintain computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of virtualized and physical infrastructure in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (Academy Training)
- Participates in a several month training curriculum at the Sirius offices in the Chicago area:
- Completing assigned rotations through various business units
- Self-development and certification courses
- Hands-on experience in the Sirius Data Center
- Practical exposure through on-the-job training which includes mentoring by a team of dedicated engineers and introduction to designing technology solutions for a client environment
- Learns and develops in all phases as an Information Technology engineer, to include:
- Systems design
- Implementation & installation
- Systems assurance
- Project management
- Obtains satisfactory evaluations through progress reviews in order to advance in training program
- Develops a base level of technical and consulting enabling performance of quality service for clients
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (Managed Services)
- Performs installations, implementations, upgrades, maintenance, and support of server architecture, software, and utilities
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Conducts network and security audits; tests and performs routine system backups and restores
- Mitigates, anticipates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations
- Analyzes system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Creates required reports for business user needs
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as scheduled server reboots and installing patches
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure technologies including one or more of the following: DHCP, DNS, WINS, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls and Active Directory
- Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Other Position Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Exposure to an Agile environment
- Experience with of one or more of the following: Windows Server technologies, Virtualization, and/or Active Director Management
- Experience with hypervisors such as Hyper-V and/or vSphere
- Microsoft, VMWare, and/or Citrix certifications (MCSA, VCA. CCA, etc.)
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privac