Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60490
Acts as the interface between the client and vendor. Accountable to develop and maintain the most cost effective and efficient logistics platform to maximize profitability and customer savings. This includes service optimization, track and trace interfaces or issues and handling client and vendor interactions. Needs to demonstrate the ability to service on-demand as well as scheduled or routed work.
Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete.
- Accountable for dispatching and assigning vendors based on client demands and service requirements. Be able to quickly move to an alternate vendor when business conditions (availability, price, or quality) dictate change.
- Accountable for tracking and tracing all outbound and some inbound deliveries and resolving service issues and failures.
- Respond to daily inquires made by customer and/or vendor in relation to product movement, providing ETAs or managing a package search.
- Understand the planned customer requirements based on schedules for services and/or product flow through the plant/distribution center. Based on the understanding of planned needs, be able to project service requirements and determine how best to meet those needs.
- Combine work where customer requirements permit to enhance the profitability. Also, able to review scheduled services and to make recommendations as to how cost could be reduced or timeliness improved.
- For freight moves, research alternatives with multiple vendors and negotiate the best service for the customer.
- Serves effectively as a team member on user groups, site teams or CI projects.
- Follows SOP’s and work instructions and supports CI results in conjunction with Supervisor and Manager.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.