Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Under supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
• Performs mid to expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
• Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
• Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
• May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
• Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
• Drives and participates in CI activities – processes, results and cost savings.
• Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
• Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
• Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data.
• Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
• Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development.
• Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.