Arborist Trainee Internship: Spring/Summer 2020 |
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60564
Requisition Number: 43719
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Intern
Job Type: Temporary
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: None
POSITION: Arborist Trainee Internship: Spring/Summer 2020 Naperville, IL
Flexible – We are currently looking for Internship candidates for Spring/Summer, 2020
- Naperville, IL
Introduce career orientated students to exceptional opportunities in the industry including tree care, tree climbing, chainsaw use, plant health care and customer service. Internships in each division may vary in length depending on availability. Interns will be assigned a manager who will mentor them through a variety of job experiences within the industry. Throughout your experience, you will work on residential and commercial properties and in an office setting.
- Studying Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Forestry or related discipline in a 2 or 4 year program
- Driver’s license required. Commercial driver’s license highly valuable
- Pesticide/applicators License preferred
40-50 hours per week, Monday-Friday with some Saturdays required.
- Must have enthusiasm for proper plant care and arboriculture
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Job Security with a company which has over 100 years of service
- National reputation for Stewardship and Excellence
- Promotes ambitious, team-focused experts quickly and focuses on continuing education
- Commitment to safety: Interns will work towards completing the CDP “C” Climber booklet
- Opportunity to apply for the Davey Scholarship and advance your career in the industry
Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Generous performance incentive plan. Davey offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year, and industry related training and special Davey training courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit