Project Management Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
Project Management Assistant
.# of Openings
Administrative & Office Support
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
In an increasingly complex and financially constrained environment, Gannett Fleming recognizes that safety, operating efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning, engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light and heavy rail transit systems.
Our Transit & Rail Global Business Line is currently looking for a Project Management Assistant (PMA) to work in our Chicago, IL office. Join our team!
As a Project Management Assistant or Project Coordinator, you will need to have dynamic communication skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively. You must be able to organize projects and materials, in addition to having strong business, computer and writing skills. In this position, you will assist our project managers with the execution of tasks related to projects and daily administrative functions.
As a Project Management Assistant, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide project management assistance and project accounting throughout the lifecycle of a project from proposal and project set up through project closeout
- Financially manage projects in BST application including opening and closing projects, processing change orders, processing client and vendor invoices.
- Compile required documentation for all new and active projects including items listed in the Project Management and Quality Guidelines.
- Review contract requirements for accepted overhead rates, contract fee types, invoicing procedures, insurance requirements, customer survey submission, and subcontractor information.
- Review contracts and coordinates contract reviews with Project Managers and Corporate legal.
- Provide administrative and accounting support for engineering projects while fostering excellent internal and external customer relations and service.
- Ensure that each project or project phase is properly invoiced in a timely manner and manages all client accounts.
- Monitor job status reports and takes appropriate action with department managers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Management Assistant (PMA) or Project Coordinator
- Experience with AR collection and AP processing
- Strong financial/general accounting experience, business math experience
- General understanding of industry standard QMS
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Chicago, IL
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID:
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.