Clinical Laboratory Scientist - MT I - Blood Bank
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61603
Reporting to the Lab Section Supervisor and according to established policies and procedures, performs various routine and complex clinical laboratory tests in order to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Analyzes and interprets test results and ensures accuracy of same. Repeats tests as necessary, especially those yielding abnormal or atypical results, and notifies appropriate personnel of such results. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist 1 may be assigned to any laboratory section. The following are general characteristics of this job, although duties may vary based on assigned area and/or shift.
- A bachelor’s degree in clinical/medical laboratory science or medical technology is required. Alternative bachelor’s degrees are acceptable with successful completion of ASCP MLS/MT certification exam prior to employment.
- Successful completion of the ASCP Board of Certification MLS/MTexam within the first year of employment is also required.
- Ability to read and follow policies and procedures written in English. Ability to understand written and spoken English. Ability to remember and to understand the written and spoken word.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Ability to work on several projects at one time with good organizational skills, judgment and technical skills.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively and communicate with patients and other health care professionals.
- High level of professionalism and skillful performance in stressful situations.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to interpret routine tests, recognize abnormal test results and troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to access patient care areas as necessary and perform phlebotomy procedures.
- Maintains current certification according to guidelines established by appropriate certifying agency.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Affirmative Action. Contractor and Subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.01, 60-300.5(a), 60-741.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based upon their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.