Pipeline Integrity Engineer (Transmission)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62521
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in Illinois. Our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com or find us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois. For more on the ActOnEnergy program, visit actonenergy.com.
Incumbents currently in the existing or similar career path will be considered only as lateral transfers.
About The Position
The Gas Engineer Pipeline Integrity performs integrity project engineering and project management duties in order to comply with AIC Integrity Plans (transmission,), code and compliance activities, records research and management related to the construction, operation, and maintenance of the gas transmission, storage, and distribution facilities with an emphasis on safety, reliability, system integrity, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead pipeline integrity initiatives that comply with AIC s integrity plans, implement AIC s integrity plans, ensure compliance with code requirements, evaluate integrity assessment results, develop and maintain risk algorithm functions.
- Provide technical support, analysis, and project management for ECDA/ICDA/In-line inspection and other assessment processes and integrity repair assessments. Develop potential in-line inspection programs.
- Analyze assessment results, data, records, and mapping and make recommendations for appropriate additional preventative and mitigative actions (TIMP).
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure accurate and timely tracking of performance measures, integrity data, and reports.
- Assist in the development of GIS systems (ArcMap, ArcFM, ArcGIS Pro, Event Editor, and Esri linear referencing system network).
- Develop and enhance gas records systems and processes for data collection.
- Ensure construction, maintenance, and pipeline integrity work is completed according to pipeline safety regulations and Company standards.
- Plan, design, budget, engineer, and oversee gas integrity construction and replacement projects related to assessment results, data analysis, reliability, system integrity, highway and road relocation, system growth and capacity, and essential maintenance for the gas transmission and distribution systems.
- Assist with Corrosion Control, Planning, and Gas Engineering activities including design, construction, maintenance, pigging, and pipeline safety regulatory compliance.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil, or Chemical or other related Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. Natural gas transmission, natural gas storage or natural gas distribution related engineering experience preferred. Pipeline integrity experience preferred. Knowledge of Esri GIS software is preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relations skills required. Good analytical skills, knowledge of GIS, mapping, drafting, and advanced computer skills with knowledge of coding or configuration of programs. Adaptable and flexible. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
Employer’s Job# 19417
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.