Substitute Teacher Aide
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
1. Model teacher’s instructional methods when working with individual and groups of students.
2. Provide tutorial help for students.
3. Observe teacher’s interaction with children who have special learning needs, and engage in similar instructional practices.
4. Observe student academic and social-emotional behaviors, monitor charges, and report these observations to the certified classroom teacher.
5. Assist with maintaining order within the classroom by following established procedures for behavior management.
6. Assume responsibility for the safety and well being of the students while on school grounds and in non-academic activities (such as lunch, hallway passing, etc).
7. Attend meetings and participate in professional development programs.
8. Assume clerical functions as needed, to include, but not limited to taking attendance, duplication of materials, preparation of newsletters, record keeping and monthly reports.
9. Communicate with students’ parents/guardians as requested.
10. Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the certificated classroom teacher.
? Assists students in and out of wheelchairs; loading and unloading on the bus; transporting students in their wheelchairs in and around school and on field trips for the purpose of ensuring the student gets to and from school and to the proper places safely.
? Assists students with diapering and/or toileting for the purpose of meeting and/or developing children’s daily living activities, personal hygiene and behavioral skills.
? Assists students by enabling them to access their electronic communicators, switches, pointers, feeders, etc. for the purpose of ensuring equipment is hooked up properly and functioning properly.
? Applies and removes therapy appliances as instructed (e.g. body braces, leg braces, sensory devices, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the student has the proper equipment according to the IEP plan.
? Assists with pre-lunch and lunch activities (e.g. heat food, grind food, feeding, etc.) for the purpose of helping the teacher and lunch personnel get the student fed.
? Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, lift/transfer safety, behavior management, CPI, IEPs, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
Participates in the implementation of IEP goals and student behavior plans and communicates with supervising instructional staff and/or professional support personnel for the purpose of meeting IEP goals; fostering effective and safe student learning; and/or district benchmarks.