Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
1. Maintain a referral and evaluation system to identify students in need of speech
and language services in accordance with P.L. 94.142
2. Compile background information from current files and other school and agency
3. Conduct staffings, IEP meetings and annual reviews for case load in accordance
4. Cooperate with other PPS staff members to evaluate and provide input at multidisciplinary staffings.
5. Make necessary referrals in those cases where other services appear indicated.
6. Schedule students needing therapy with the cooperation of the principal,
counselors and classroom teachers.
7. Plan and carry out appropriate therapy according to the individual needs of each
8. Work with each case with respect to future education and/or vocational potential.
9. Offer consultative services to school personnel regarding students receiving
therapy and any other cases where mutual cooperation will be of benefit to the
10. Prepare written summary evaluation reports on students when appropriate.
11. Maintain appropriate records and forms in compliance with P.L.94.142.
12. Initiate and update necessary local, state and federal reports.
13. Assist with in-service training of school personnel.
14. Attend departmental, inter-departmental, professional and inter-agency meetings.
15. Perform such other duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be
assigned by the Special Services Coordinator, Principal, and/or administrative
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
1. Hold a valid Illinois Type 73 School Services Personnel certificate
2. Speech Pathologist endorsement required.
3. Master’s degree required.
4. Demonstrated leadership skills
5. Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Knowledge of Board of Education policies, Illinois School Code, and special
7. Knowledge of public relations and familiarity with community agencies and
8. Ability to understand school reports and records and document work productivity.